We are looking for an experienced mortgage loan officer to join our team. A driven sales person, self-motivated to succeed, will find success with our growing established company. The market is only getting stronger and so is our TEAM! To successfully close new loans, it is vital to have a solid understanding of how sales pipelines work and which techniques help convert leads into clients
You’ll work closely with our clients and find the best mortgage loans for them. You’ll estimate creditworthiness by combining the information from the client with their financial and public record documents provided or obtained online. Submitting applications and reporting on their progress will also be part of your mortgage loan officer duties daily.
To succeed in this role, it’s important to be client-oriented and have strong analytical skills. When communicating with potential borrowers or lenders, mortgage loan originators must be able to discuss complex and sometimes sensitive subjects with clarity and tact. Securing a mortgage can massively impact a person’s life, so a mortgage loan originator must always have the best interests of their clients at heart when advising on their options. If you’re also reliable, honest and possess good judgment, we’d like to meet you.
· Collect financial information (e.g. taxes, debts)
· Evaluate creditworthiness and eligibility for obtaining a mortgage loan
· Interview clients both over the phone & in-person.
· Convince potential new client to work with US/YOU the MLO!
· Guide clients through mortgage loan options
· Prepare and submit mortgage loan applications
· Ensure data are in line with national and local financial rules
· Monitor and report on application processes
· Maintain and update account records
· Inform clients about loan approval or rejection
· Help resolve problems with applications
· Research new mortgage loan policies
· Ensure compliance with privacy laws and confidentiality policies throughout the process
· Build a supportive referral network (e.g. with clients, lenders, real estate agents)
· Strong proven career driven track record in Sales is an asset
· Experience as a mortgage loan officer or in a similar role
· Working knowledge of mortgage loan computer software (e.g. Calyx Point)
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Strong Communication Skills
· Great mathematical and analytical skills
· Attention to detail
· Reliability and honesty
· A valid license is a must
· Degree in Finance or Business is a plus
Tools of the Trade
Mortgage loan originators use the following tools on a regular basis. Experience with these applications is very important at Sharp Loan:
· Loan originator software (such as Encompass, Calyx Point & Salesforce)
· Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
At Sharp Loan, our staff is made up of talented team members who deliver unforgettable home financing experiences to borrowers, owners and clients around the primary 6 counties in California we serve each and every day. Our teams have a passion for mortgage sales, customer service, and we steadily go above and beyond expectations. This is the Sharp Loan way!
As one of the Nation’s Top 10 Mortgage Brokers and #1 Loan Originator in Orange, CA we are proud to be seeking new talented faces. Our leadership team strives to keep our staff motivated and engaged, consistently delivering on our mission. Sharp Loan is here to help grow your career. Plus, being a leader in the real estate mortgage broker industry, SLB is constantly growing and creating new, innovative ways for our borrowers to finance their homes! Join us today.
Sharp Loan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.